How to publish a website
There are several ways to get your website on the world wide web. One of the newest and user friendly ways, is to use a site hosting company called Joomla. You can download their installation package and get started creating your site. They host for free, there are paid features and upgrades but, you will be able to make a functional website for free even if you have no HTML or other programming language experience. There are some free templates and the interface is button and text based, you can upload, your articles, pictures and other content and organize it and create pages and links on your site.
Another way to create a website if you have HTML and other programming language experience or are paying someone to do it for you, is to write all of the code for your website and have a company host your website, usually for a monthly fee. You may also be able to find hosting companies online to host your site. You just have to pay them and upload your information to them. Learning web design for users with no experience could be as simple as searching online for tutorials, lesson or even classes in web-design.
Things to consider when designing your page
- If you are designing your page, you want it to be neat, accessible and visually attractive. Avoid bright clashing colours, try to keep sizes of text, and images in scale.
- Consider also what your website will be used for. Creating a web page for a small business site or an online business will have a much different set up than creating a personal site, blog or portfolio.
- Business sites should be professionally created and should usually involve some sort of sales option for customers to make purchases online.
- When you create a site, try and avoid things like flashing text, rainbow text and scrolling text. Solid titles for things work fine, otherwise, people might get frustrated or would not take your site seriously.
- Having easy to use and easy to understand navigation between pages is also key so that visitors can get from page to page easily and find what they need.
- Previous article
- Reading list
- Next article
- 1 on 1