How important is the right bra?
The right bra is an absolutely necessary piece of equipment for women who take part in any kind of sport. It is not just getting the proper size, but also ensuring that the fabric of the garment is breathable, fits comfortably and becomes an integral part of your sports collection.
Sports bras need not be overly expensive. You can source relatively cheap sports bras online, but a high impact sports bra is a must if you want to avoid injury and take care of your breasts.
Sports bras for large breasts are readily available as are under-wire sports bras for women who like to feel that additional support.
A high impact sports bra will do the following:
- Avoid your breasts from sagging by providing the right kind of support as it is imperative when it comes to looking after your breasts.
- If it is made from the correct kind of materials, then sports bras should be comfortable bras. They should wick sweat away from your body rather than retain it, which will keep you dry and comfortable and allow you to concentrate on your sport of choice.
- Will control the bouncing movement as you exercise.
There are not a lot of negative points that are associated with a high impact sports bra and any athlete should always do a search for the best sports bra before buying one.
However, things which need to be avoided are:
- An overly tight fit which will make your breasts feel smothered and will not allow your skin to breathe when you are taking part in high impact sports such as skipping and running.
- An under-wire that is too constrictive and will make you feel bruised and a little sore if you are exercising hard while wearing it.
- A compressive, high-impact sports bra can sometimes push the breasts inwards, thereby, creating a 'uni-boob' look that many women find highly unattractive.
- Previous article
- Reading list
- Next article
- 1 on 2