A present does not have to be a solid thing you can put in a box and wrap up. It can give the recipient the chance to experience something special.
- Give an adventure day out as a gift.
- Choose from taking a ride in a helicopter or a hot-air balloon to more hands-on stuff such as karting or quad-biking.
Other more daring options
For those wanting to act out the dreams of being a soldier there are options for a military style experience, going over an assault course, learning survival basics or taking lessons in weaponry.
If you are unsure what the man you are buying for would really like, buy experience vouchers from one of the many websites that deal with these day outings. That way he can choose the perfect present.
Keep your man up to date with the latest gadgets. There is something for everyone from things you will use everyday, such as an MP3 player, to curios such as a spy pen video camera.
Many of the most innovative gadgets around deal with music players.
- Buy a pillow with an inbuilt speaker. This allows the listener to fall asleep listening to music that won't disturb their partner.
- For the lounge, buy a chair with a speakers and an MP3 player socket. -
- Practical gifts can include a portable phone charger.
The internet is awash with sites for gadgets, so there is plenty of choice.
Go to Iwantoneofthose.com, Firebox.com or Gadgets.co.uk for a wide range.
Consider a gift with a personal touch.
- An engraved tankard or cuff-links can be a gift that keeps on giving. Mark a special occasion with a present such as this, be it a landmark birthday or anniversary.
- A gift tailored to a man's taste can be the perfect present. Buy a bound collection of newspaper reports from his favourite sports team or a personalised bottle of whiskey. Men's gift sets can be given a personal touch, such as an engraved set of a pen, business card holder and cuff-links.
- Previous article
- Reading list
- Next article
- 1 on 1