Not yet registered? Create a OverBlog!

Create my blog

Bad credit financing: What to look out for

While it is possible to get financing with bad credit, there are some disadvantages. The major disadvantage is that there are some lenders who are looking to take advantage of people who cannot get credit anywhere else. Fortunately, if you take your time before jumping into a loan to make sure you read all of the terms and conditions, you can usually spot these lenders before you sign a contract with them.

Very high interest rates

You can appreciate that lenders need to make more money off of you to help offset the risk they are taking by lending to people like you. However, you also need to realise when they are asking too much. People with a credit score that is less than 500 have a historical default rate of over 80 percent. So, the other 20 percent of people must help make up for the revenue that the lender will lose to those who default. If the lender is offering you an interest rate that seems excessive, then it is probably time to look somewhere else.

Very high fees

Another way lenders take advantage of those with poor credit is with very high fees. You may get a credit card that has an annual fee of more than 50 percent of your credit limit, and may even want to add in monthly fees, too. Some fees, like those for late payments or going over your credit limit, are normal for any credit card. However, you may want to step away from the offer if these fees seem higher than what is offered by other lenders.

Types of financing to avoid

There are some types of financing that are a very bad idea for anyone, especially those with past credit problems. Even so, these financing options are usually marketed to those who have a poor credit rating. These are lenders that may be looking to reel you in and rack up the fees. Types of financing to avoid include car title loans, payday loans, cash advance loans and mortgage financing with no money down. The first three require borrowers to pay back the money within a short period of time or face interest rates of up to 50 percent. The last one leaves you with incredibly high mortgage payments that can be hard to keep up with.

Same category articles Banking

Faxless payday loans: The facts

Faxless payday loans: The facts

Learn why you need to be more careful in selecting your lender and how you can do so. Even more importantly, do you really need a cash loan today? Is there another alternative that will help you better than an online loan application now? Discover all the answers right here from this quick article.
Ways to make extra cash online

Ways to make extra cash online

If you know how to use a computer and you are connected to the internet, there are many things that you can do in order to make extra cash online. The competition out there is stiff because everyone is doing it. So, you have to distinguish yourself from everyone. You can make extra money in so many ways as discussed below.
How to avoid credit card charges

How to avoid credit card charges

Using a credit card is a convenient way of doing your shopping because there won’t be any need for you to carry cash around. You can also keep track of your expenditure and finances through your credit card. The only problem that comes with the use of a credit card is the charges at the end of the month. If you are not aware, you can get into serious debt thus affecting your credit rating. There are many measures that you can take to avoid credit charges. Read on this article to know more on how to avoid credit card charges.
How to get a housing loan

How to get a housing loan

Before you accept the first loan which approves you for your brand new house, consider all your options to ensure that you get the lowest home loan rate possible. Based on the nature of the loan, the type of house which you are applying for or your military status, there may be specialised programs which are waiting for you. Here are some of the options.