People need long term care (LTC) when they become disabled and are unable to care for themselves for a long period. LTC insurance can help them with health care, which can help them get back lost respect from the community. Which insurance should you choose, private or from NHS (National Health Service). This article makes a case for choosing long term health care insurance from private players.
Why choose long term insurance from a private provider?
Inefficiency of NHS
The NHS is already burdened with the cost of caring for the nation. The long term health care provided by NHS insurance is slow and lacks quality professionals because NHS does not dole out incentives. Plus, when the unemployment rate is high, lesser money flows into the free insurance system. People with serious conditions need LTC and peace of mind. They don't want to be kept waiting and they want the best medical care simply because they cannot take care of themselves. Here's why you must go in for a private long term care policy.
Benefits of long term private health care
1. The waiting period is dramatically reduced. A two month wait for a surgery with a NHS policy is reduced to a two week wait with a policy from the private sector. Tthere's no waiting for a long time for tests. Waiting for people who need long term care destroys their quality of life and impacts their emotional state.
2. Private providers offer a 24/7 health-related helpline. All policy holders have to do is pick up the phone to clear their health doubts.
3. Private providers will ensure that the quality of their affiliated hospitals and medical professionals is top-notch. They will keep checking at periodic intervals to ensure the quality is maintained.
4. A LTC from a private player can allow you to choose a hospital thereby ensuring that you are attended to by the same set of specialists.You can also choose to see a particular specialist.
5. A policy from a private player can get you a private room with en-suite bathroom facilities along with TV, phone and better food.
6. Though NHS policies come free, the peace of mind and level of comfort offered by the private LTC policies nullify their cost.
7. A private policy helps reduce governmental burden. Remember, the NHS pays out of taxpayer funds.
8. There is no red-tape to face when you are armed by a private LTC policy.
Though a private long term care policy offers many options and advantages, it is only used by 8% of UK's population. Every person is expected to fall ill at some stage of their life and it is best that they plan for it by buying adequate LTC insurance.