Not yet registered? Create a OverBlog!

Create my blog

How to get a no money down mortgage

Getting zero down mortgages used to be a relatively straightforward proposition. When the property market was booming, there were many banks and lenders who were willing to lend you 100 percent - or more - of the value of a home. After the sub-prime mortgage crisis of 2008 and 2009 and the decline in real estate value which resulted from it, banks have become much more selective in who they lend to and many are requiring down payments as high as 20 percent. No money down mortgages can still be found but it is a much more challenging proposition.

Ensure impeccable credit

If you want to have any hope of getting a no money down property loan, you are going to have to convince the lender that you are not a credit risk. Lenders are going to be taking a huge risk when they lend you 100 percent of the value of your home. You will have no equity or ownership interest and if the home price falls, the bank could end up with a situation where you owe more than the house is
worth - leaving them with insufficient collateral. In order for a bank to take on this risk of a zero down home loan, you will need to have a great credit score. To get a great credit score, this means paying your debt on time all the time and having a good mix of credit cards and other types of loans.

Provide solid proof of income

If you are seeking a no down payment mortgage, you better be able to convince the bank that you have the means to repay the money you are borrowing. This means having solid and substantial proof of your income and assets. Two years of tax returns or pay stubs and proof of money in the bank are going to be key.

Consider an 80-20 loan

One option to consider when seeking no money down home loans is an 80- 20 mortgage where you actually take two loans out. One is for 80 percent of the home and the other is for the traditional 20 percent that would normally be required as a down payment. Structuring your loan in this way makes it easier to get and helps you to avoid having to pay private mortgage insurance (PMI).

Same category articles Banking

How to get a bad credit home mortgage

How to get a bad credit home mortgage

If you have got a bad credit history, it is possible to get a good refinancing home mortgage loan. The most important thing here, however, is being able to shop around and understand the requirements and limitations of the different lenders. Just like any other borrower, you also want to make sure that you get reasonable interest rates and an attractive repayment structure.
How business bank accounts differ from personal accounts

How business bank accounts differ from personal accounts

Many business owners always try to keep their business assets separate from their personal assets. The best way to do so is with the use of separate bank accounts. Almost all banks offer business accounts, so it is very easy for a business owner to have a personal bank account and a business account for the same financial institution. There is not a huge difference between a business checking or savings account and a personal checking or savings account. Both types of accounts serve the same purpose. Read on this article to know more.
GMAC Financial Services: The facts

GMAC Financial Services: The facts

GMAC Inc. transformed into Ally Inc., in 2008, became a bank holding company. Ally Inc is now headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. The American bank holding provides an entire range of financial services such as insurance, mortgages, vehicle loans, and online banking. Ally has over 15 million customers and is ranked among the largest companies in the world regarding automotive services.
A review of Sound Credit Union

A review of Sound Credit Union

Sound Credit Union is based in the Washington State area. It is operating since 1940, Sound currently (as of July 2011) has 43,000 members and an asset base of $544,000,000. For more information about Sound Credit union and its financial offerings, read this article.