Last update: Oct 29, 2018
- Your data
- Changing our policy
This Policy thus applies to all services offered on over-blog.com platform.
This policy is subject to the law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on computers, files and freedoms, amended in 2004 (hereinafter "Data Protection Act") and the European Regulation on protection of personal data of 27 April 2016.
WEBEDIA, located at 2 av Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92300 Levallois Perret, is held responsible for all personal data processing on the over-blog.com site
Data you provide
When you register to Overblog you enter basic data (email address, password, your first blog address). We securely store this data to give you access to our service. Later, you can enter other information that are not mandatory for the service to work but to allow us to offer you more relevant features or for example, if you choose, promote your blog on our portal into specific categories.
Here are example of information we store and you provide us:
- The content of your blog, so it can be displayed to your visitors. This includes text, images and other elements parts of posts and pages
- The blog settings, so we can display its design and layout, matching your choices
- Your visitors’ comments (this feature can be disabled) as well as yours
- For premium subscriptions: billing data, which are stored with our subcontractor handling payments.
- Communications with our agents (via Chatlio and Slack). We keep those four months.
Your email address is never automatically shared with other external organizations with the exception of our subcontractor payment management, if you take a premium subscription.
If you wish, you can receive emails about contests and discounts, put together by Overblog. Those would be about other companies from the WEBEDIA Group. To do so, you must check the appropriate checkbox in your account notification options.
Automatically Data collected
We use several services and techniques that will automatically record the actions you perform with our service. The two main goals are:
- Better understanding how our users use Overblog so we can provide relevant features and enhancements.
- Store traces that will help us solve problems and bugs
Analytics: like many other sites and services, we use Google Analytics to better understand how our users use Overblog. We activated IP address anonymization and cookies are automatically deleted after 13 months.
The "Fullstory" analysis tool can also occasionally be used on the administration interface to allow our UX team to analyze specific user sessions.
Here is the data we collect automatically:
- Specific date of your visit to any page hosted on Overblog
- The actions you take with the blog administration
Data processing goals
WEBEDIA agrees to collect, process or store personal data for specific, fair and relevant goals.
Your data are processed to aim at the following goals:
- Providing features for sharing on social networks
- Subscription management of newsletters and email notification
- Publishing and customization of your Blogs, according to your preferences
- Customizing Your Profile (avatar , name, biography ...)
For Premium subscriptions:
All types of premium subscription
- Receive payment for subscriptions, monthly and yearly renewals
Individual and Business
- Setting up your domain name
- Add and notify people you added as collaborators to your blog
- Provide emails and aliases
- Store attachments to your posts or pages
- Fetch content related to your social networks to automatically post to your blog (this feature is disabled by default and gives you control over the automatic publishing rules)
- Pay you the amounts collected as part of our program "Partnership Copyright"
- Fetch the content related to your Facebook page to automatically post to your blog (this feature is disabled by default and gives you control over the automatic publishing rules)
- All types of premium subscription
You have the option to unsubscribe at any time directly by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of all the mails you’ll be receiving. You can also contact us. The unsubscribe link will not work on some emails that are the heart of the operation of the service. For example, payment notifications or changing password confirmation.
Our subcontractors are in compliance GDPR or agreement "privacy shield"
Responsibilities as owner of the blog
The owners and administrators of the blog receive the messages sent to them via the contact form freely available on their blog. The email address, name and message provided by visitors are sent by email and displayed in the "inbox" section of the blog administration .
Blog owners and administrators are considered responsible of the data processing tied to their blog. The GDPR law requires to notify people who contacted the owner of the blog via the contact form if their personal data will be used for purposes other than those related to private communications with the person who contacted the blog. These persons also benefit from an access, rectification and opposition rights for the treatments covered by the GDPR. Learn more about the GDPR.
Right of access, rectification and opposition
Accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, you have a right to access, rectify and opposition of data. You can exercise these rights by email or by mail at the following address:
WEBEDIA Overblog 1 Occitane square 31000 Toulouse Email: email@example.com
Overblog will response within 1 month of receipt demand.
As of May 25, 2018 and under Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, you can also exercise your right to limitation of treatment to erase your data, the data portability, and not to be subject of and automated individual strategy, including profiling.
In the interests of confidentiality and protection of personal data, a copy of a signed ID document will be included in the application. In case of an unsatisfactory answer, you can start a procedure with the CNIL.
Any person can see all the data that affects him/her in a file by making direct contact with those who are holding, and by obtaining a copy of it at a cost that is no greater than the cost of copying it.
Any person is able to object, for legitimate reasons, to the data appearing in the file.
The person may refuse, without having to give any explanations, the use of the data, which affects him/her, for canvassing purposes.
Any person can correct, supplement, update, block or erase data affecting him or her when errors, inaccurate information or data, the collection, use, transfer, keeping of which is forbidden, have been detected.
Your data retention period
Overblog specified rules concerning users' personal data retention.
Blog content retention after deletion: 1 year. Overblog respect a data retention requirement of one year because some data may be subject of legal requisition (Act on Confidence in the Digital Economy - LCEN).
When deleting a blog, the data is moved into a "buffer" database. This allows us to restore it in case of unwanted or unexpected operation and in case of unwanted deletion from the user side (which represent the majority of cases of unintended deletions). This "buffer" database is purged periodically.
Retention of accounts after deletion: When deleting an account, the data is moved into a buffer database. This buffer is purged periodically. Deleting an account induces the removal of linked blogs (see previous point).
For Premium accounts, the data for the payment are stored at our subcontractor handling payments. when deleting an Overblog account, we close the account associated with your account at our subcontractor. After that, the banking information and personal information are no longer stored anywhere.
Retention of detailed logs: 12 months
Retention of access logs to the site: 3 days
In accordance with Article 40-1 of the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, you can send us your guidelines for conservation, deletion and disclosure of your personal information after your death. These guidelines may be general or specific.
To send us your instructions, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients of the data transmitted
Your data is transmitted to WEBEDIA of partners that can process data on their behalf (they are recipients) or solely on behalf and under the instruction of WEBEDIA (these are subcontractors).
The data recipients are:
- The police authorities within the legal requisitions concerning the fight against fraud and offenses law on Confidence in the Digital Economy - LCEN
WEBEDIA also uses subcontractors for the following:
- the fight against fraud
- the personalization of content and applications mobile sites
- performing maintenance and technical development of the website
Your personal data can be transmitted to meet the goals defined above. in companies located in countries outside the European Union. Those companies comply to the GDPR and “Privacy shield” regulations.
Prior to the transfer outside the European Union and in accordance with current regulations, WEBEDIA implements all procedures required to obtain the necessary guarantees for the security of such transfers.
WEBEDIA takes various measures to ensure the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Specifically:
- Access to databases is restricted to persons authorized to receive it as part of their missions.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and the European Regulation Overblog ensured that subcontractors undertake to respect the security and confidentiality of data.
- All WEBEDIA employees are aware of the data protection through training, newsletters and team meetings.
- The access to our internal system are logged.
Changing our policy
Nevertheless we encourage you to periodically review the Policy to be aware how your personal information is protected.
This policy was updated for the last time at the date indicated above.
WEBEDIA appointed a “data protection officer” to assist Overblog in respect of the European Regulation. For questions concerning the protection of personal data in the group, you can use this email: email@example.com
For any questions about our policy, you can contact us by writing to our contact email firstname.lastname@example.org or by traditional mail to WEBEDIA / Overblog - 1 place Occitane - 31000 Toulouse, France.