Solomon Adewunmi attended Local Authority Primary School, 1A, Osho-Drive, Olodi-Apapa, Lagos(October 1976-June,1982), and Sinclair Grammar School(October 1982-July1985 and Ibadan Grammar School(September, 1985-June, 1987.
He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, where he studied Sociology. He graduated in October, 1992.
He was a reporter, Senior Reporter(News) and Assistant News Editor of The Nigerian Tribune between August 1999 and June 2002. After voluntarily resigning his position as Assistant News Editor of the Nigerian Tribune, he was hired as a Correspondent by Insider weekly magazine, a Lagos based general interest magazine. He was there from June 2002 to December, 2007.
He was again hired by Scroll Nigeria, also a Lagos based weekly news magazine as a Correspondent. A position he held from December, 2007 to December, 2009. Still on the move, he was engaged by the Pulse magazine in December, 2009 as a Senior Correspondent. And in January, 2010 he was promoted Assistant Editor.
He is a member Economist Intelligence Unit, Global Executive Forum, The Economist, London. Solomon is also a member of the International Association of Religion Journalists(IARJ)
Solomon also possesses the following :
* BBC/EC CERTIFICATE IN NEWS JOURNALISM (FEB. 2001)
* CERTIFICATE IN ARTS AND CULTURE CRITICISM (NANTAP MAY 2001)
* CERITIFICATE IN PEACE JOURNALISM (JUSTICE,DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE COMMISSION)
*CERTIFICATE IN CONFLICT ANALYSIS[UNITED STATES INSTITUTE OF PEACE ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMME, OCT.2004]
*CERTIFICATE IN INTERFAITH CONFLICT RESOLUTION( UNITED STATES INSTITUTE OF PEACE, JAN. 2009).
In addition he has the following professional awards :
1. NIGERIA UNION OF JOURNALISTS (NUJ), OYO STATE COUNCIL, REPORTER OF THE YEAR AWARD (PRINT) FOR YEAR 2000.
2. NUJ, OYO STATE COUNCIL, COURT./CRIME REPORTER OF THE YEAR, 2000.
3. COMMENDATION LETTER FROM THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE NIGERIAN MEDIA MERIT AWARD (NMMA) IN THE CATEGORY OF ERNEST SESEIIKOLI’S PRIZE
FOR NEWSPAPER REPORTER OF THE YEAR 1999/2000
4. COMMENDATION LETTER FROM THE MANAGEMENT OF AFRICAN NEWSPAPER OF NIGERIA PLC. FOR EXCLUSIVE STORIES JUNE, 2000.
5. NUJ, OYO STATE COUNCIL, REPORTER OF THE YEAR 2001
6. NUJ, OYO STATE COUNCIL, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER OF THE YEAR 2001.