Master’s and education specialist degrees are available in various fields through its Education Specialist Certification programs, Master of Arts in Teaching programs, Master of Education programs, and Master of Science in Continuing Education programs. 24 graduate programs are available online in an eight-week format (five sessions are available every year).
The University of Alabama (Athletics): This University’s mascot is ‘Tigers.’ Men’s sports include baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, rodeo and tennis; and women’s sports include basketball, cross-country, rodeo, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball. Its facilities comprise a stadium, baseball and football fields, softball, rodeo and tennis complex, and cross-country facility.
How to apply (on campus and online)
1. Submit your completed application online with an application fee of $25 or mail it to the admissions office with an application fee of $35.
2. Fax your teaching certificates to the university.
3. Submit all the official transcripts from all colleges attended (If you are still studying, submit your final transcript prior to your admission).
4. Complete the FAFSA form if you require financial aid.
You can also request the UWA for more information.
How to apply (international students)
You must hold a bachelor’s degree with an equivalent of grade-point average of 2.75/4 point scale. Your degree should be equivalent to one offered by an institute in the US. Students must possess a teaching certificate recognized by UWA.
1. Request from UWA or download the application form and mail it to the admissions office along with an application fee of $50.
2. Get all the official transcripts of all colleges evaluated by World Education Service (WES).
3. Arrange to send all these transcripts directly to UWA by WES (all costs are to be borne by you).
4. Submit all the GRE (above 850) or MAT (above 392) scores.
5. Submit the TOEFL (500-paper based test, 173-computer based test or 61-intternet based test) or IELTS (5.0 score overall with above 5.0 in all modules) scores.
6. Submit your statement of Financial Support completely filled by your sponsor and your sponsor’s bank.
7. Submit a deposit of $500-$1500 in the escrow account of the UWA which can be used by you later for any emergencies.
If all the above expectations are met and you are admitted, the acceptance letter and the I-20 form will be released by the university.
For more information, visit: Uwa.edu.
- Previous article
- Reading list
- Next article
- 1 on 1