A good night’s rest is an essential part of good health. The number of hours you sleep is important, but the key to a good night’s rest is the quality of sleep. Here, we look at how to choose the perfect queen size mattress to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Test the mattress
The queen sized bed mattress is the most popular and comes in various qualities and prices. When purchasing mattresses, you first need to consider firmness and support.
Do not confuse firmness with support. A mattress which is too firm or too soft will cause damage to the back. In order to choose the right firmness follow these tips:
· Lay on the mattress in a comfortable sleeping position a few minutes.
· Switch position a few times as you would whilst sleeping.
· Lay flat on your back and place your hand under the curve of your spine. There should be no space between the curve of your back and the mattress. If there is space, it is too firm. Support The support is in the coils of the mattress. Most types of mattresses have coils in them unless you are choosing one of the foam mattresses available. · Interlocking coils are coils which are tied together. They move together to offer support.
· Independent coils are ones which are independent of each other, each work on their own to offer support. The advantage to independent coils is that there is less movement when your partner is getting in and out of bed.
· Hybrid mattresses blend innerspring mattresses with memory foam pads, water chambers, or futon mattresses.
Once you have chosen your mattress size and tested for support and firmness, you need to consider a few other things.
The majority of mattresses today come with a ten-year warranty. This warranty is only good if the mattress is in pristine condition. Even the slightest stain will void the warranty. Always protect your mattress with a mattress cover. The waterproof mattress covers are the best choice for protection from sweat and bathroom accidents.
Brand name You get what you pay for with a mattress, and in most cases the cheaper it is, the faster it will wear. The more expensive a mattress is, the more it likely weighs. The more material inside a mattress means the more it will hold up and longer it will last. Tip: You do not have to look at labels to see how long the mattress will last, just lift the corner. The heavier it is, the more material inside and the longer it will last.