Myspace was once the world's number one social networking website. Even though the company has recently relinquished that title to Facebook, they are still a major competitor. One of the good things about Myspace is that you can put your preferred music files/videos onto your own Myspace profile. This tutorial gives you a step by step guide to putting your music on Myspace.
Log onto your Myspace
- Open up your computer's web browser and log onto your Myspace account.
- Go to the "Profile Song" heading and click on "Click here to manage songs in my music." This section lets you choose between creating a public playlist and a private playlist. More information
If you choose to have a public playlist, your friends will be able to have access to all the songs that you add there. A private playlist will allow only you to use it and listen to the songs on it.
My profile playlist
To begin putting songs on Myspace, go to the "My Public Playlist" option and select the "My profile playlist" tab from the drop-down menu.
Search for songs
- Use the search box, type in the name of an artist or song that you want to add to your Myspace profile. This will allow you to upload songs and add music to your Myspace profile.
- Once you have entered a name into the field, click on the "Search" button and wait to see the results that are supposed to appear.
- Look through the search results for the song that you are looking for.
- Hoover your mouse over the song so that a set of options appear.
- Click on the "+" tab to add the songs to your Myspace profile.
- Then click on "My Profile Playlist."
- Once you are done, choose the "Save" option.
- Go to the side of the current page and click on "My Profile Playlist" to look over the songs that you have selected so far.
- You can also rearrange the order of the songs to create your own playlist.
To do this :
Just click and hold on the song you want to move and drag it to the position that you want it to be in. The "Song and Video" page will allow you to change the Myspace songs whenever you want.